The European Journal of Ophthalmology (EJO), the official journal of SOE, are supporting a travel grant for SOE YO’s attending SOE2019 who are presenting authors of a high quality abstract. The details for applications and eligibility are as follows;
- Travel grant will be awarded to a young ophthalmologist attending SOE 2019
- The travel grant is intended to support the participation of young ophthalmologists in training.
- The travel grant must be used for attendance to the SOE congress and applicants must be 40 years or younger in age.
- Only the presenting author of an abstract is eligible to apply.
- Applicants are not eligible to receive an EJO travel grant if they have accepted any support from pharma companies toward travel and accommodation to attend SOE 2019.
- Applicants must submit a high quality abstract.
- Deadline for application is the same as for abstract submission: 17 January 2019
- A travel grant does NOT entitle the applicant to free registration
- 2 travel grants to the value of €750 will be awarded
- The award will be confirmed to the beneficiary in March 2019 and will be presented to the winners during SOE 2019
To submit an abstract and for further information, click here.