The Congress Committee for SOE 2019 invites delegates to submit a paper for oral or poster presentation at the forthcoming SOE 2019 Congress.
Deadline for abstract submission: EXTENDED TO 19 January 2019
Notification on acceptance/rejection: 1 March 2019
By submitting an abstract, the authors thereby guarantee that the abstract submitted describes unpublished results; and human and experimental studies have been undertaken with the appropriate ethics approval and official permission from the proper authorities. The criteria for accepting abstracts will be based on the degree of originality. In order to make the reviewers work as efficient and the selection as objective as possible, the following instructions should be observed.
Abstract Submission Instructions
The submission of abstracts is open.
- Deadline is 17 January 2019.
- Abstracts shall be submitted electronically through the SOE 2019 website.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- The title or text is not to indicate the country of origin, unless it is pertinent to the topic.
- Maximum 300 words / 2000 characters (including spaces but excluding the title and contact information of authors).
- The structure of the abstract should be as follows:
- Purpose – Aim of investigation.
- Methods – Study design, patients or animals, methods of investigation and analysis, etc.
- Results – Results of research with specific data and statistical significance.
- Conclusions – Conclusions drawn from the results obtained. Statements like “results are under discussion” are not acceptable.
- Figures, tables or images are NOT to be included in the abstract.
Classify the abstract with the topic which best describes the abstract:
- Contact Lenses
- External Eye
- Ocular Surface
- Oncology and Pathology
- Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Refractive Surgery
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be published as typed by the author, if accepted. Poor English may be a cause for rejection.
- If you do not complete the submission process, your information will be held in “draft” until you return later to complete your submission. Please note that your abstract must be fully submitted, before the deadline (17 January 2019), to be considered for the Congress.
- Changes to the abstract are possible until 17 January 2019 through your Personal Page.
- Each author may serve as Presenting Author for a maximum of one oral abstract (Free Paper/Rapid Fire), however, there is no maximum limit for posters.
- Full presentation specification will be made available on the website and forwarded together with the abstract acceptance.
- Upon acceptance of the abstract, all presenting authors are expected to register and present their abstract at the Congress. Abstracts will be published in the Congress Book of Abstracts only if the presenting author has registered by 14 March 2019. Presenting authors not registered by 14 March 2019 may have their abstracts removed from the Book of Abstracts. If the abstract is not accepted the registration fee is refundable.
- The Corresponding Author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
- Electronic poster presentations will be uploaded in advance of the Congress. Details will be available on the website and forwarded with the acceptance notification.
- Acknowledgement of abstract receipt will be sent to the stated email address. If you do not receive the confirmation within 24 hours of submission, please contact SOE Abstract Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts will be emailed on or after 1 March 2019.
Disclosure – Conflict of Interest
All presenters (invited speaker and abstract submitter) must declare any potential conflict of interest. Presenters will also have to incorporate a disclosure slide in their presentation (a template will be included with the presentation guidelines). Disclosure is mandatory for all presenters, whether they have a conflict of interest to disclose or not.
If you have any questions, please contact SOE 2019 Abstract Department at: email@example.com